Things only a parent can get excited about;
- Hearing nonsense words
- Somebody taking a single step
- A human rolling over
- A burp
- Urine in a plastic pot in your sitting room
- A poo in a nappy after 6 days of waiting
- A poo in a plastic pot in your sitting room
- Someone using a toilet… correctly
- A tooth breaking through a gum
- A tooth falling out
- A washing line full of clothes on a dry windy day
- 7pm (bedtime!)
- Going to work
- A hot drink… that’s still hot
- Grocery shopping (alone)
- A squiggle on a page
- Someone pedalling a bike
- Actual food getting consumed at a meal
- A night ALONE
And last but by no means least…
- A full night of uninterrupted sleep.
What have you gotten excited about lately?
Did it make you question your sanity? If so, welcome to parenthood.